Village Harvest is a nonprofit volunteer organization in the greater San Francisco Bay Area which harvests fruit from backyards and small orchards, then passes it along to local food agencies to feed the hungry. We also provide education on fruit tree care, harvesting, and food preservation.
- Don't let your extra fruit go to waste or become a mess! Visit our Harvesting page for information on how you can offer your extra fruit for the hungry through Village Harvest, or pick yourself and donate to an organization near you.
Your fruit or produce can make a nutritious difference for the 1 in 10 people in our community who receive food assistance, and laws protect you from liability when you donate to a nonprofit organization.
- Our Resources page has recipes and suggestions for enjoying your bounty, plus information on tree care and popular easy harvesting tips.
Want to help?
- Visit our Volunteer pages and join in!
Want to start harvesting in your community? Or trying to find a harvesting group in your city?
- Check our directory of harvesting and gleaning organizations in communities in the US and Canada.
- If your community doesn't have an organization, contact us about how you can harvest in your own community.